Friday, August 10, 2007

"Little Odd Forest Coasters"


littleoddforest_coasters, originally uploaded by itsknotwood.

I found these on the Flickr site of one of my favorite blogs, It's (K)not Wood. This blog is devoted to anything and everything faux bois (fake wood). I actually did try to embroider my own faux bois many months ago, but it was too bloody boring for words. I might be willing to try it again on a small sized project though, like a coaster or pin-cushion.

Faux bois is one of my favorite aesthetics of late, and I actually have several variations of faux bois in my fabric stash. I think faux bois is very evocative, whether it makes you think of nature, or it makes you of some kind of Larry Clark basement photo shoot. Personally, it makes me think of both, and I like that.

These coasters are made by the littleoddforest, where they are available for purchase.

2 comments:

Average Jane Crafter said...

oooh - I just got Aimee Ray's Doodle Stitching, and she has a fun, cute little faux wood (tree stump-ish?) pin cushion project in there. I was actually just looking over it tonight and thinking I might try it soon. :)

Badecca said...

Interesting - I don't know that book! I'll have to check it out.