A bit back, I found a cache of 1950s Romance Comics in Provincetown (I haven't posted the source material yet, but they are similar to these). I've been working my way up to larger wall pieces, and these are definitely the most complex I've done in terms of multiple characters, and comic book panel framing.
They took a looooong time to complete. I wanted to use a colorful but limited palette, and several times had to tear out and redo sections to make sure they composition was balanced. I decided to use thought bubbles but leave them blank, in order to allow the viewer to fill in the sordid plot with their own imagination.